In honor of OT Month and Autism Awareness Day we are tying to the two together to explain the ways OT can support children with Autism!
Occupational Therapists can help children perform better in school, at home and other environments using their specific knowledge and skills.
Areas Occupational Therapists can help your child with Autism are:
- Independent living skills
- Motor development and motor planning skill development
- Sensory integration and sensory-based strategies
- Social emotional development & self-regulation strategies
- Behavioral approaches
- Social participation
- Play and/or leisure
- Visual supports
- Technology recommendations
- Strategies to support personal responsibility and self-advocacy
- Strategies to promote transition to adulthood
Spread the love